Sunday 27 January 2013

Day 8. 27/01/13. 38.8 miles to Alor Setar

Had a long lie till 9.00am. Bliss.  Mark Beaumont joined us for breakfast but couldn't cycle with us today as his bike is still at Heathrow Airport, he is very chatty and friendly. Malaysia towns are a nightmare to navigate and I got lost again. Crispin says he is putting a tracking device on me. Finished about lunchtime. Great to have an afternoon off. Mark came over and was chatting to me about my American trip then offered to carry my bag up to my room, yes please. The boys have put a new fork on Sue's bike so she will be cycling again. She is badly grazed but in good spirits. There has been an issue between the leaders and 4 cyclists, so they are leaving us to do their own thing. A pity.  Malaysia seems more affluent than Thailand. Had a relaxing afternoon walking around the town, eating and shopping. One thing about a trip like this, you can eat as much as you like. Temps about 40*C , sometimes feels like you are breathing in a furnace. Better to be on Spike than off, create a breeze. BTW getting all E mails but sometimes can't get signal to reply. Don't worry, all's well. Bring on tomorrow.



Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Just me. See you nearly over heated yourself. Please take care and watch yourself. You are doing amazing cycling, I do not think I could keep up with you anymore. I see you are receiving e-mails but not going out. But you are able to blog okay. Hope you can send out soon. Please take care. Love Murray. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You chatting up mark lol . Well its 4 c here and wet . Some boats cancel. The will be draining you. Eat lots and drink lots . Make sure you take extra salt in food . Take care . Love Richard xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice

    Your latest adventure sounds amazing, where to next? I admire your spirit and fitness. Take care and stay safe on Spike.

    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.