Thursday 24 January 2013

Day 5. Thurs 24/01/13 Ray and I go AWOL. 82.3 miles to Thung Song

Had a very frustrating day today. Just 82 miles so I thought I would finish early and get a massage. Not to be. Set off as usual after sunup and made good speed. There are 7/11 along this route so no problem with food and drink.  Ray was feeling the heat so I said I would wait with him and let our group go on, big mistake.  We had lunch together then left to do the last 20 miles but he then went on to have 3 flats. The truck came out looking for us so by this time Ray had had enough and decided to take a lift. I said I would cycle on my own, 8 miles, to the hotel. Now there was a headwind and a bit of a slog in the heat. Arrived at 5.00pm, briefing at 6.30pm so no massage for me. Poor Ray but tomorrow it could be me. Still extremely hot and humid, we are soaked through within half an hour of starting. Feeling fine and coping well. Good stuff.

R: Must be the EPO kicking in. Loved that comment. 


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

5 comments:

  1. Hi Janice

    Glad to hear that you are getting into the swing and coping well. Sory to hear that Spike is not too good.

    Janette is in Crosshouse since last night (Wed. think it is Gallbladder trouble but no word yet about what is to happen.

    We are both "fine" I enjoy the blogs.

    Love Grace and Verner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey janice . Sounds like your having a great time apart from the odd issue. We are all thinking of you. Take care . Go janice go janice go janice , you are doing great. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it was me Richard . Dont have a log on .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,just me, sorry you have not yet received my e-mails, they are in space on there way to you. Glad to hear you are well and okay. Take care. You are doing the family and me proud, keep up the good work. Love Murray.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mum

    Glad you are still enjoying your trip ! The heat must be unbearable at times.

    We are all so proud of you however I over heard one of Rosie's nursery teachers ask her where her Gran was away to and she replied " I don't know because all she does is bake cakes" !!! If she only understood what an amazing person you are but I'm sure she will one day.

    Take care of yourself loads of love xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.